When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s easy to feel like you’re doing a great job as long as you continue to see the pounds dropping on the bathroom scale. After all, that’s the point, right? As with everything in life, it’s not quite as simple as that.
The reason is that not all forms of weight loss are good for you. Moreover, not all forms of weight loss even mean that you’re losing fat. It’s very important to watch for the signs that you’re losing weight in a healthy way so you can know that you’re not only getting rid of unwanted body fat, but you’re also going to keep it off over the long term. Equally, it will help you to avoid some of the unpleasant side effects that can occur from unhealthy dieting practices.
The following are 5 signs that you’re doing a great job and are losing weight in a healthy way:
1. You’re not starving – The idea that you need to starve yourself and feel hungry all the time in order to lose weight is a myth. Healthy weight loss involves many changes in the way you eat so that you will be able to love food and be satisfied with your meals without overloading on calories.
2. The pounds are coming off steadily – A healthy form of weight loss involves a consistent, gradual reduction in your body mass. If you’re losing five pounds one week, then nothing, then another few pounds, then you gain a pound or two, then you’re doing something that won’t work out well for you in the long term.
3. You’re experiencing regular bowel movements – The number of times you have a bowel movement every day is dependent on many things. For some people, it’s healthy to go once per day. For others, two or three times is normal. On average, as long as you’re going a decent amount once per day, you’re usually doing fine. The key is to be consistently regular. If you aren’t dieting in a healthy way, you can easily end up with diarrhea or constipation. These can result from many things, but they’re often because of adding fiber too quickly, not eating enough fiber and not hydrating properly, among other reasons.
4. You feel energetic – There are times in weight loss where you’re going to feel tired. After all, if you consume fewer calories, are far more active and you live a busy lifestyle, you’re going to be fatigued. However, on the whole, you should find that your energy levels will gradually rise the longer you continue to lose weight in a healthy way. If that isn’t happening, there may be something awry with your nutrition, fitness routine or sleep hygiene. To jumpstart energy levels and gain momentum, you can buy energizing diet pills online, such as FENFAST 375.
5. You feel stronger – If you’re genuinely losing fat, not just water weight, and you do it gradually through proper nutrition and fitness, you will start to feel the strength building in your body. This doesn’t mean that you’re going to bulk up like a bodybuilder, but suddenly you’ll be able to remain active for a longer period of time, you’ll be able to lift things you couldn’t before and you’ll be able to bend and sit without grunting and groaning (as much!).