The right party hacks are going to change the way you think of the holiday season. It’s well underway now, but it’s not too late to start making a difference to your health throughout the rest of the year. Even if you’ve been a bit lax with your eating until now, a few simple changes can turn things around.
The key to surviving this season in a healthy way isn’t to try to abstain from everything. If you try to cut yourself off from everything, you’re only setting yourself up to fail. The holidays happen. That said, with the right party hacks all lined up, you can step out of the whirlwind and into a much calmer breeze.
Some party hacks are things you can do before you head out the door. These are usually the easiest to stick to. They happen before you are swept up by everything going on at the event and all the pressure everyone is putting on you to eat and drink more than you otherwise would. Use the following to keep you on top of your health this season:
- Buy the good bandages – even if they’re not on sale – because your feet will thank you when you inevitably get blisters from your awesome shoes.
- Eat nutritiously and take supplements if needed. Make sure you’re getting enough vitamin C, zinc, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals to support your immune system.
- Have a small meal before you go, even if it’s a dinner party. Have a spinach and kale salad with berries and a bit of leftover chicken. It doesn’t have to be a big salad if you’re headed out for a meal. That said, it will give you the chance to bulk up on nutrients while avoiding bulking up on calories at the party because you’re not there on an empty stomach. This among the best party hacks for health and weight management at the same time.
Party Hacks for the Event
- Have a glass of water. Stay hydrated so that even if you have a glass of wine or a cocktail, you’ll be sipping that drink to enjoy it. The water will be what you use to quench your thirst. If you make a rule to have one glass of water per drink containing alcohol, you’ll be forced to pace yourself and will be far less likely to overdo it.
- Don’t eat everything you can get your hands on. Yes, have something to eat. Give yourself the opportunity to have a taste of anything that looks appealing to you. But keep this in mind among your party hacks: a taste requires only a bite or two. You don’t need more than that of something sugary, creamy, fatty or salty.