Losing weight is not always that easy, at least not for some people. Often, exercise is not enough for a person to see the results he or she desires. Eating healthy foods even fails to get the job done at times. Luckily, the hard work has been done for you; and now, nutritionists are naming specific foods that help you to lose weight and maintain your overall wellbeing. Here are the top five on that ever-popular list:
1. Have Heavenly Hummus: This delicious dish made from chickpeas comes in all sorts of tasty flavors and can actually help you to burn off excess fat. Hummus is very high in iron, which gives you a much-needed energy boost. Add a few veggies to your spread and enjoy a light meal that fills you up and satisfies your body’s nutritional requirements.
2. Spice It Up with Salsa: Spicy foods contain capsaicin, which helps you lose weight. Salsa is a tasty option for hot food lovers who want to shed unwanted pounds. It can be added to nearly any dish to help burn off excess fat, one bite at a time. This healthy, vegetable-packed snack choice can render your waist size smaller before you know it.
3. Egg It On: Eating egg whites only may be good for certain things, but the yolks contain essential proteins that ultimately help you to lose weight. Proteins stimulate glucagon production and release. This hormone is essential to your ability to burn off fat and maintain optimal health. Interestingly, egg yolks also contain lots of vitamin E – a vital substance that helps people feel fuller for longer periods of time.
4. Quality Quinoa: This delicious gluten-free grain is a great choice for people looking to lose weight and get healthier overall. Although many people compare quinoa to rice, it is nothing like the latter. Quinoa is different because it is a complete protein that is chock-full of vitamin B, not a sugar like rice. This means you will likely lose weight from eating quinoa regularly.
5. Chuck in Some Chia Seeds: You may think that eating seeds is for the birds, but it is also for people looking to lose weight. Extremely potent in omega-3 fatty acids, iron, and calcium, this food can stabilize blood sugar levels in a flash. Chia seeds hold up to 20 times their weight in water, too, and can be added easily to almost any dish for maximum weight loss.