If you want to get fit and trim like the celebrities, then you want the best weight loss tips from the pros. These are the people who are feeding the celebrities and helping to get them into the best shape of their lives. Though some of these tips may sound like common sense, others may be a surprise to you.
1. Eat more good fat: One of the best weight loss tips from the pros is to eat more fat, but the right type. Sure, you want to get rid of saturated fat in the way of fried foods or processed foods. However, you do want to be sure to eat more good fats for weight loss and better health. These should include avocado, walnuts and almonds, olive oil, flaxseed, salmon, and tuna.
2. Try something new at the gym: If you’ve been wanting to try a new workout or a new class, then do it. Variety is the best way to get your body to respond, so challenge it and offer new exercises. Always try new things and don’t be afraid because they will help to keep your body guessing; and that’s when the big results come your way.
3. Mix up your diet: Do not eat the same chicken breast with steamed broccoli every single day. Not only is this boring to you, but your body needs a bit of a shock sometimes. Eat healthy but get creative, and have fun with your eating. Try a new vegetarian meal, or mix in a new protein, and it will ensure that you stay on track always.
4. Incorporate more strength training: Most people don’t do enough strength training, and this is a big mistake. Be sure that you are performing strength training every time you hit the gym. This not only helps to build muscle, but it also ensures that you rev up your metabolism to burn calories even at rest.
5. Aim to exercise six days per week: This may be hard to achieve, but it’s a recurring theme and therefore one of the best weight loss tips from the pros. Work out more! No matter what you are doing, you should be exercising six days each week and then giving your body one day of rest. Make every workout count!
6. Eat the right types of carbs: This may be one of the most surprising of the weight loss tips from the pros–you do need carbohydrates. Forget about the simple carbs made with white flour or sugar, though. It’s all about true whole grains, for they will give you fiber to feel full longer and offer energy that you need.
7. Add protein to each meal throughout the day: Yes, you do need a lot of protein. The best way to get it is to mix it in with other food groups for a really powerful meal. You want lean proteins, though, as not all proteins are created equally. Be sure that you focus on the right types of protein and consume plenty of it.
8. Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day: This may seem counterintuitive, but one of the best weight loss tips from the pros is to eat more, often. You do need to break your daily food up into smaller meals that you eat more frequently throughout the day. This will keep you full but ensure that you get what you need out of the right foods.
9. Push yourself harder at the gym to get results: If you think you’re pushing yourself hard, then push harder. Add more weight, more resistance, higher intensity, and more intervals, or figure out what else you can do to take it up a notch. This will add the essential variety component while also pushing your body harder, and you will see the results.
10. Always be prepared: Be prepared with a gym bag in your car so that you never have an excuse not to go. Be prepared with the right mini-meals so that you always have good food to eat with you at all times. Always be prepared with water to keep yourself hydrated. Preparation is the key to success!